- Assess: Assess and/or validate relevant plans, programs, progress, deliverables etc, and recommend improvements or changes where warranted.
- Plan, Develop and Implement: Assist in planning, development and implementation of relevant plans, programs, deliverables etc, and recommend improvements or changes where warranted. Start-up and ongoing 'toolkit' provided as applicable.
- Organize Staff and Train: Assist in defining the program mandate, organization and staffing, including development of job descriptions and recruitment; mentoring and training services to management and staff, on an as-required basis.
- Mentor: On an 'as required' basis, educate and train management and staff such that they are knowledgeable and largely self-sufficient; transfer specialized knowledge on an accelerated basis – in effect, 'hands on' training specific to the client organization.
- Contract Assessment and Negotiations: Review all or a subset of the client's existing or proposed IT contracts and identify:
- Strengths and weaknesses (structure, terms and conditions, risks, restrictions);
- Costs (initial/future, amount and type);
- Potential cost savings and other benefits; and
- Recommendations, based on identified leverage and best practices, including a strategy for vendor management and contract negotiations.
- Software Inventory Assessment: Analysis of software installation and usage data, to identify opportunities for cost reduction or avoidance, based on redundant, low-value or low-usage software.
- Application (Repository) Selection: Identify business, functional, data and integration requirements for a central repository in which asset inventory, contract, license, financial and/or vendor data resides; identify candidate products and assist in evaluation and justification.
- IT Asset Change Management: Assess and/or develop change management (IMACD) policies and processes – a critical success factor in ensuring license compliance and integrity of IT asset data on an ongoing basis.
IMACD: Install, Move, Add, Change, De-install
- Software Asset and License Management (SAM) Seminar: Introduction to a program framework and best practices for proactive lifecycle management of software assets and the licenses that govern use, as well as software license compliance; includes SAM starter toolkit.
- IT Contract and Vendor Management (CVM) Seminar: Introduction to a program framework and best practices for proactive lifecycle management of IT contracts, as well as the suppliers with which contracts are negotiated and held; includes CVM starter toolkit.
- Certified Software Manager (CSM) Seminar: Developed by the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) as part of its anti-piracy program to assist organizations to get and stay 'legal'. Optional exam to earn the CSM professional designation.
- Advanced Software Manager (ASM) Seminar: Developed by the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) , follow-on to the CSM seminar. Optional exam to earn the ASM professional designation.
- IT Asset Management (ITAM) Workshop: An onsite workshop, to develop a program statement (mandate) specific to the client's objectives, as well as a supporting high-level plan: objectives, scope, assumptions, priorities, critical success factors etc. An effective means by which to ensure staff input and commitment – a critical success factor in execution. Also an effective means by which to educate participants on relevant industry issues, trends and practices, as well as best practices.
- Contracting for Software (CfSW) Workshop: An onsite workshop, to develop (or validate) a customized 'checklist' of contract terms to be included in software license agreements, for more favourable and consistent agreements, with financial, compliance and other benefits. Also an effective means by which to educate participants on relevant industry issues, trends and practices, as well as software asset management best practices.
Software Contract Outline